The Art of Narrating the Debate; Embryonic DNA
Download Audio MP3 | 00:12:06
Valerie from Silver Lake, Kansas emailed Life Report to ask for advice on a discouraging debate she had with her pro-choice, Christian father about abortion. Josh begins a three-part video series responding to different aspects of her email, and some of her dad’s pro-choice arguments.
In part one, Josh discusses…
- the most important question when somebody states that the unborn is “not a human being;”
- how to effectively “narrate the debate” when people don’t answer our reasonable questions;
- a few quick thoughts on Valerie’s dad’s assertion that the functional DNA of an early embryo is different from the DNA at later stages.
- A Wikipedia summary of Christopher Hitchen’s views on abortion.
- Here’s a few videos of Hitchen’s at debates answering questions about abortion.
- Josh referred to this episode where Trent Horn responds to the pro-choice argument that an organism must be able to direct its own growth, but an embryo requires the mother’s RNA to do this.
- Since Valerie’s dad is a Christian, we would recommend she reviews this episode with special guest Scott Klusendorf: “Does the Bible’s Silence Justify Abortion?”