Archive for the ‘Bonus Content’ Category
Download Audio MP3 | 00:18:38
After wrapping up four Life Report episodes, Josh, Tim and Gabi hung out to cover some material they didn’t have time to get into earlier in the day. Those topics and questions for Tim include:
- You said, “Love does not insist on its own way; it does not need to have the last word in a debate.” Does that conflict with the Stand to Reason mantra of trying to leave people with a pebble in their shoe?
- A discussion of pro-life memes and why most of them are bad.
- You said, “Love is not resentful, it does not dwell on the failures of those around us. Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing. It is not excited when those around us are caught in sin.” What about pro-life groups like Live Action that do undercover investigative videos catching Planned Parenthood doing bad things?
- Can you talk about how we are to love practically with those in the pro-life movement who may disagree on our political method, for example on our use of graphic images? How would you apply your piece to that?
- Which line in the 1 Cor 13 piece do you feel is the most important, or the most contrasted by the way a lot of pro-life people actually act?
Download Audio MP3 | 00:24:42
Last February we published two episodes with our favorite (nearly graduated) student from Notre Dame Law John Gerardi with an update on the HHS mandate lawsuits as well as answering the controversial question, “why did so many church-going Catholics vote for President Obama, again?!” After we recorded those two episodes, we spent another 20 minutes answering questions we hadn’t talked about yet, and answered a good questions sent from a listener. This is the audio from that post-episode discussion.
- “Tell me about states like Massachusetts, that are heavily Catholic and Irish but are totally in the tank for Obama.”
- “What do you think is the future for the bishops’ involvement in politics?”
- Karen: “Is it even possible that we really change our society legislatively, or do we need to concentrate on the hearts of women and men?”
It was literally the day after we published our interview with Notre Dame Law Student John Gerardi on this subject that the HHS announced new proposed guidelines on the subject. I quickly noticed that the Becket Fund, whom we were sending people to for information about the lawsuits, declared that the new guidelines wouldn’t solve the problem. Click here for the statement from The Becket Fund, and you can see a summary of the issues in the below video from The Chuck Colson Center.
Download Audio MP3 | 00:01:41
We just filmed an interview with pro-life hero Fr. Frank Pavone from Priests for Life for our January 22nd episode. After we were finished, Fr. Pavone agreed to answer one more question geared toward pastors and priests as they prepare for Sanctity of Life Sunday. (January 20th.) Specifically I asked besides the obvious messages on Imago Dei and the sanctity of human life, what is the most important message for pastors to preach that Sunday morning. What should the congregation walk away with?
Please forward this video on to your pastor or priest!
Tune into ProLifePodcast.net for the full interview of Father Pavone on January 22nd, 2013.
Download Audio MP3 | 00:33:39
Josh and Gabi discuss the difference between moral relativism and libertarianism, in response to a pro-choice blogger who thinks we confused the two in a recent episode about a leaked Planned Parenthood document. After defining the terms, they carefully re-analyze the document to determine the validity of the bloggers accusation.
- Watch the episode we previously recorded on the Planned Parenthood document.
- Download the actual Planned Parenthood document.
- Check out our other resources on responding to moral relativism.