Posts Tagged ‘Bible’
Download Audio MP3 | 00:28:00
Josh, Tim and Gabi respond to fair questions that pro-choice people ask that we think pro-life people should be willing to answer.
In this episode, we discuss how a lot of pro-choice people believe that pro-lifers want to punish women for having premarital sex by forcing them to remain pregnant. This seems clear because we’re not distributing condoms or encouraging the use of birth control, which could arguably lower the rate of unintended pregnancies and abortions. How should pro-lifers respond to this concern?
We also discuss the common conception (no pun intended) that pro-life activists are doing what they do because they’re Christians. If so, is this just a ploy to force religion on people or win converts?
We end the episode by discussing a recent story of a teen who sued her parents who were trying to coerce her into having an abortion. We offer some tips for pro-life people to use this story in dialogues with their pro-choice friends.
This is a clip from an episode of Life Report called “Does the Bible’s Silence Justify Abortion?” In this clip, I asked Scott Klusendorf from Life Training Institute to summarize his article on the same topic published by the Christian Research Institute.
Scott answered by offering the best syllogism pro-life people can use if they want to make a biblical argument for the pro-life position, and also explained why we shouldn’t use Psalm 139 and Jeremiah 1:5 instead.
If you don’t want to watch the 5 minute video, you can read the full transcript below the jump.
Download Audio MP3 | 00:28:00
It’s Life Report’s 150th episode, and Trent Horn is back in studio to discuss how pro-lifers should respond when their discussion of abortion gets down to the “metaphysical basement:” why are human beings valuable in the first place?
- Why should pro-lifers be concerned with answering the question “Why do humans matter?”
- How do pro-life advocates often answer the question?
- The imago dei is probably the most controversial or least understood reason, how do you understand this reason?
- Why shouldn’t pro-lifers just quote Psalm 139, Jeremiah 1:5 and similar verses to pro-choice people?
- Can abortion be considered immoral even without reference to God?
- What do you do if a pro-choice advocate says that you’re imposing your religion on everyone else?
- Are there some inherent problems with Don Marquis’ “future like ours” argument?
Trent Horn is the Coordinator of Respect Life Leadership Support at the Diocese of Phoenix. To learn more about Trent, visit DiocesePhoenix.org. Watch other Life Report episodes with him at prolifepodcast.net/tag/trent-horn.
Download Audio MP3 | 00:36:16
I’ve done a lot of radio interviews, but I don’t enjoy any of them as much as I enjoy the never-ending banter between myself and Ken Adams at KRDU. I posted an MP3 of an interview with Ken last year, and it was the 5th most popular MP3 of the year. What’s different this year? Neither Ken or myself held back!