Posts Tagged ‘Dr. Rich Poupard’
Download Audio MP3 | 00:18:48
We weren’t able to cover everything I wanted to during the Life Report episode, but Dr. Poupard was gracious enough to spend some more time answering questions about this important topic.
- How do birth control pllls and Plan B work, why do some people think that they are abortifacients and why do you think that they may not be?
- Comment on article from Catholic Bioethics…Quarterly that cites studies indicating that Plan B is not an abortifacient and argues that the labels on Plan B may not mean anything. Is there a medical bias issue at play?
- Question #1 from Dan: What about the studies cited in Randy Alcorn’s book that breakthrough pregnancies while on oral contraceptives are more likely to be ectopic?
- Question #2 from Dan: What is the state of the research on Progesterone-only pills like the mini pill and copper/hormonal IUD’s?
Download Audio MP3 | 00:28:00
We’ve been wanting to shoot an episode on this topic for several years, and it’s finally done! It’s sometimes a contentious topic among pro-life people, but it’s an important one nonetheless. How should pro-life people think and talk about birth control, aside from the important religious debate about whether or not you should plan your family? Dr. Rich Poupard from Life Training Institute comes on the show to offer his expertise.
- How does Plan B work according to the research and what does a woman’s weight have to do with it’s effectiveness?
- Do you think women are getting enough information about the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of Plan B?
- Why will the new Plan B research probably result in MORE abortifacient use, and not less?
- Were pro-abortion-choice advocates talking about the new Plan B/weight study when it came out, or have they been hesitant to discuss it publicly?
- What’s the connection between abortifacient IUD’s and implantables and Obamacare?
- Knowing everything you know, how would you train pro-life advocates to talk publicly about birth control?
- What should pro-lifers talk about when discussing the public policy side of this issue? Parental involvement?
- How would you answer in 60-seconds the direct question of whether Plan B causes abortions or not?
BONUS: Click here to hear the questions I asked Dr. Poupard about birth control pills that we didn’t have time to fit into the Life Report episode.