Posts Tagged ‘Unusual Pro-Choice Arguments’
Download Audio MP3 | 00:13:29
Josh responds to an email from Ashlen who was debating abortion with somebody who responded that parents should have the right to kill their children until they are 18 years old! She wants to know what she should have said.
Josh’s response includes comments on what to do when you get stumped or run out of steam and the proper introduction of humor into a dialogue.
- Click here for our other resources on “Unusual Pro-Choice Arguments”
- JOSH BRAHM LIVE: What to Say When They “Bite the Infanticide Bullet”
Download Audio MP3 | 00:09:42
Josh responds to an email from someone who isn’t finding lots of success using economic arguments for the pro-life position. Her pro-choice friend’s response is to reference “Freakonomics” and add that if the country needs more people, we should just open up the borders.
- Listen to more of Josh’s views on economic arguments for and against abortion towards the beginning of his speech, “9 Faulty Pro-Life Arguments and Tactics.”
Download Audio MP3 | 00:28:00
Josh, Liz and Gabi respond to the story of a pro-choice blogger who wrote some things about sex-selection abortion that was deemed embarrassing by her pro-choice colleagues and publicly berated for it.
Is there an inherent inconsistency in Laurie Penny’s article? Can you be both pro-choice and opposed to legal sex-selection abortions? Should the other pro-choice bloggers have responded a different way? What does it mean to have an attitude of seeking truth? How can pro-lifers use this story to start conversations with pro-choice people? These questions and more are discussed on this episode of Life Report.
- Read Laurie Penny’s article that started all the trouble: “What value do you place on the life of a missing woman?”
- Read a compilation of the angry response to Penny’s article, posted at Jill Stanek’s blog.
- Read the article from The National Post on this story.
- Free download of Steve Wagner’s book, “Common Ground Without Compromise” that we quoted during the episode.
- Watch Josh’s interview with Trent Horn on violinist reasoning.
Download Audio MP3 | 00:28:00
Josh, Liz and Life Report’s newest co-host, Gabi Vehrs, discusses that “after-birth abortion” article, including how many pro-life people responded to it, as well as a refutation of the underlying premise in the article.
- Read the article we’re responding to: After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?
- Read Peter Singer’s response to the paper that Josh quoted from, and partially agreed with!
- Josh Brahm’s first written refutation of the after-birth abortion article
- Josh Brahm’s postscript to his after-birth abortion article
- Greg Koukl gave a commentary on the after-birth abortion article during his radio show, “Stand to Reason.” He has a very different approach in responding to the Australian ethicists, and I think his arguments are valuable. You can download the audio for free from STR.org. (You may need to create a free account before accessing the radio show archives.)
- Scott Klusendorf and the gang at Life Training Institute also covered the after-birth abortion article on their most recent podcast. They also made some valuable points that are not in my article.
- We didn’t get a chance to spend as much time on the refutation of the principles in the after-birth abortion article as we hoped to. If you missed it, our recent interview with Trent Horn on why humans are valuable would be helpful to you.